What Is Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask?
The stainless steel water bottle has a double-walled structure with vacuum insulation technology to keep water hot for 12 hours and ice cold for 24 hours. It does not need electric in any places any time, and is also called thermos flask.
It’s convenient to take it to go for travel, camping, picnic. So just enjoy your favorite ice cold water in a hot summer day or sip hot coffee during the driving to your office in winter.
Nowadays, the stainless steel vacuum flask is more and more popular in the markets, and many designs have come out for different usages. For example,
1. The famous stainless steel insulated water bottle brands include Hydro Flask, Klean Kanteen, Contigo, S’well. And there are also many emerging brands waiting for you to discover.
2. Coffee thermos mug is usually designed for people love to drink warm coffee and needs one-hand operation plus leaking proof. In this situation, we recommend the top brands of Thermos, Contigo.
3. Beer tumbler mug with leak proof lid or slider lid that allow you to drink cold beer for couple hours are also welcomed. If you want such a mug with wide opening for easy drinking and easy cleaning, YETI tumbler is the top popular brand for the tumblers.
4. Metal koozie can cooler is designed for people who love to drink cold cans. It tolerates no condensation issue and you can hold it without feeling the coldness directly. There are standard koozies, slime kooizes, tobby koozies, and bottlekeepers. You can also find 2-in-1, 3-in-1, 4-in-1 designs bottle koozie & can koozie & cup & water bottle. We recommend you brands such as Brumate, YETI and Asobu.
5. As for cola-shaped bottles, we recommend you Simple Flask, a newly established yet has profound water bottle making deposits manufacturer.
More vacuum flask products of different designs and brands are waiting for us to explore, enjoy it whatever.
How It Works?
The vacuum insulated layer between the double walls of stainless steel was made by vacuum technique to eliminate the air to create the vacuum sealed layer, because the heat can not be transferred without air. The vacuum layer can stop heat flowing from inside to outside and from outside to inside to keep liquid (water, beer, coffee, wine etc.) hot and cold.
How Is It Made?
At the production workshop in the Chinese factory, the manufacturing processes for the vacuum flask have more than 100 steps, let’s have a look at the main processes as follows:
1.Bottle Body Production: 1.raw material → 2.shaping of outer cup and inner tank → 3.welding getter on the bottom piece → 4. copper lining on the surface of inner tank (optional) → 5. welding to join the outer shell with inner tank together → 6. ultrasonic cleaning → 7. vacuum producing (test vacuum 100% first time) → 8. electrolysis → 9. polishing (test vacuum 100% second time) → 10. decoration (painting, powder coating, water transfer, heat transfer printing, laser engraving, silk-screen printing etc.)
2.Bottle Cap/Lid Production: 1. plastic raw material → 2. injection molding → 3. assembly
3.Bottle Assembly and Packaging: 1. confirm packaging requirement per PO → 2. prepare all parts → 3. cleaning dust → 4. inspect parts → 5. assembly bottle body and cap → 6. add sticker or label → 7. on-line 100% inspection → 8. pack into gift box → 9. pack into carton box → Finish
- Purchasing raw material
- Cutting stainless steel pipes
- Water expansion or stretching process to fabricate outer shell and inner shell
- Cutting pipes to into 2 pieces
- Mouth forming and threading
- Shrinking bottom
- Matching and welding the mouth of stainless steel vacuum flask (the out wall and inner wall join together then do Laser welding)
- Fine tune the mouth
- Bottom punching and matching
- Fine tune the bottom
- Rolling up the corners
- Flatting the inner shell top side
- Thread rolling
- Cleaning and drying
- Appearance inspection
- Joint welding
- Waterproof test and leak detection
- Matching cup mouth
- Welding bottom
- Spot welding
- Pressing the match
- Welding inspection of the bottom
- Vacuuming process inside the vacuuming equipment about 4 hours to create vacuum insulated layer between the inner wall and outer wall
- Vacuum insulation performance inspection (Vacuum Insulation Test (measure the stainless steel bottle tumbler is good quality or faulty on vacuum insulation) 100%)
- Electrolysis for the inside of the stainless steel vacuum insulated flask (it can clean the dirty to have nice surface, also create a layer on the inner surface to have good corrosion prevention)
- Inspection of electrolysis quality
- Polishing the surface of outer wall of the stainless steel insulated flask
- Second time fully vacuum insulation test
- Decoration of spray painting or powder coating or transfer printing
- Inspection of spray painting & powder coating
- Laser engraving customized logo / silk screen logo
- Third time 100% vacuum insulation test for each insulated bottle/tumbler/cup
- Assembling with caps and other attachments such as straws, carabiners, and brushes.
- Perform quality inspection
How We Start Drop Shipping Order?
Stainless steel insulated water bottle is one of the best drop shipping businesses for small business owners, but the order quantities must be small and timing is a challenge, so how we work with a Chinese supplier to start our drop shipping orders?
1. As you should know from Chinese supplier that a standard production lead time is 30 days, but you can not wait so much long time for a drop shipping order, hence you can check with supplier for the stock items which can ship out immediately. Ship from China to USA/EU usually takes 7~25 days with different shipment channel.
2.The small order quantity also needs you to choose a water bottle that supplier has stock, or it is impossible to work it out, no matter how much high price you are willing to pay.
Therefore, you need to start a drop shipping business for water bottle products and you can start with some popular design products, which means you can easily find suppliers who can have these bottles in stock to support your business.
How We Start Bulk Order
What is MOQ for a bulk order that we can order any thermos flask water bottle which no stock? The answer is usually 3000 pcs to start, and the standard production lead time is 30 days.
Congratulations! When your business keeps growing and has needs to order in bulk, it can bring more options for you to start selling more design stainless steel water bottle products, and reduce the product unit cost and shipment cost to have more profit margin. Let’s see the processes what you need to do during doing business with your Chinese suppliers:
2. Non-Disclose Agreement
3.Quotation & Sample
4.Production & Inspection
5.Final payment & shipment
Your company might have design pattern to apply stainless steel water bottle, or you have product design concept that requires new tooling to make the unique design water bottle, that you can see in the STEP 2 is NDA (Non-Disclose Agreement), that’s a more complicated process, you might need to contact a professional supplier like “Ecoshine Drinkware Limited” for your custom design thermos flask projects to get all detail information and technique support to start it.
The Important Things You Should Know
You can email to us with your question or requirements any time, and we will reply to you within 24hours
MOQ:3000pcs each color each design bottle tumbler
Sample payment: 100%
Tooling payment:50% deposit, 50% balance after sample approval
Product order payment: T/T 30% deposit, 70% after pre-shipment inspection
It’s no problem to arrange third party inspection before shipment, please book the inspection date 7 days in advance
Bottle: double wall stainless steel 18-8
Lid: Tritan or Polypropylene
100% food grade, BPA Free, FDA/LFGB comply
Color: Pantone Number
Drawing: DWG/STP/IGS/SOLIDWORKS etc.
Sample lead time: 7days
Tooling lead time: 30~45days
Production lead time: 30days
Usually we book the shipment with your appointed forwarder, or can ship to your warehouse with our shipment company