A stainless steel canteen is made by stainless steel 18-8 that is of food grade and has good corrosion resistance. This material is widely used for kitchen, medical, automotive etc. A single wall or double wall structure for different hydration is needed in daily life.
Single wall stainless steel canteen works as normal water container but has durable, BPA-free features. It can be boiling with fire for your hot water at outdoor activities such as camping.
Double wall stainless steel canteen is a vacuum insulated layer between the double walls that has good heat preservation performance to keep drinks hot for 12 hours or ice cold for up to 24 hours. With the double-walled stainless steel canteen, you can enjoy fresh and favorite hydration anytime and anywhere.
Stainless Steel Canteen Made in USA?
Is there a stainless steel canteen made in USA? The answer is NO. Although you might want to get a USA made metal canteen for your hydration, but no brand or manufacturer will claim that their products are made in the USA. If you take a further glance at the packaging, you will find out that most of the stainless steel canteen are “MADE IN CHINA” . The following are the reasons:
1. Environment protection: Like many other products, stainless steel canteen itself is environment friendly and reusable. But its manufacturing processes is not that environment friendly as we know that there is inevitable pollution during its production and manufacturers should pay close heed to handling with wastes.
2. Material cost: China now has the biggest stainless steel production output in the global market with lower stainless steel raw material cost of making the products.
3. Labor cost: Now the labor cost keeps increasing in countries all over the world, China is not an exception. But China still has lower labor cost compared with USA. And China can obtain higher profit margin to produce stainless steel canteens.
4. Profit margin: In the whole product chain from concept design, product production, brand, market, to distribution, the lowest profit margin is obtained by China. And nearly all USA companies accordingly have no interest in investing manufacturing facilities.
How Is Stainless Steel Canteen Made?
Production Manufacturing Processes at Our Factory
- Purchase raw material
- Cutting stainless steel tube
- Shape forming with water swelling (or deep drawing forming)
- Cutting into 2 pieces
- Mouth forming with threads
- Matching and welding the mouth of stainless steel flask (the out wall and inner wall join together then do Laser welding)
- Welding the bottom cap and with an attachment of Getter
- Vacuum process inside the vacuum machine is about 4 hours, creating vacuum insulated layer between the double walls stainless steel
- Vacuum Test (measure the stainless steel vacuum flask to see whether it is of good quality or faulty on vacuum insulation) 100%
- Electrolysis for the inside of the stainless steel canteen (it can clean the dirty to have nice surface, also create a layer on the inner surface to have good corrosion prevention)
- Inspection of electrolysis quality 100%
- Polishing the surface of outer wall of the stainless steel canteen
- Inspection of Polishing quality 100%
- Vacuum insulation test 100% second time if needed
- Decoration (spray painting, powder coating, water transfer painting, heat transfer printing, logo printing or laser engraving etc.)
- Assembly with caps, cleaning, inspection, packaging
- Perform final QC inspection